This newsletter was originally published as an email sent to subscribers on May 11, 2020.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox, please SIGN UP HERE and you will be added to our mailing list! Thanks for joining Team Ting!
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!
We are so glad to share this ministry newsletter with you. It has been a busy time in the Carpenter household. Though you may not have seen many posts, we hope you know that your generosity is continuing to make a difference around the world in this time of great need! We hope you are blessed and encouraged by these ministry updates .
Brian and Stephanie Carpenter, co-directors
Here’s how Ting Ministries continues to serve around the world and proclaim the name of Jesus Christ!
- The Philippines: Pastor “John” and his wife continue to minister to remote and vulnerable peoples who are receiving no aid otherwise. They believe more people will die of starvation than of any other means, given the current situation in the country. Please pray for protection of ministry, safe travels, and receptive hearts as they share the love of Christ. Pictured: Food outreach in the Philippines
- Indonesia: Through the Carpenter’s former Compassion International sponsor child, Ting Ministries is reaching vulnerable and elderly individuals with food resources during the crisis. Continued prayers for provision, strength and protection appreciated. Pictured: Distributing food to families in-need
- South Asia: Please continue to keep Pastor “James'” teenage daughter in your prayers. She is recovering well from a bout of illness, though she is still weak. We continue to have opportunities for sponsorships ($15/month). Please pray for provision for the children’s home in-country. There is a great need for teachers and cooks there, as well as for the growth and sustaining of women’s ministry. Pictured: Children from the children’s home singing praise and worship songs. Also: Ministry partners must make long treks through rugged terrain to share the Gospel and reach villages with basic supplies.
- Romania: We are continuing to serve in partnership with Romanian animal rescuers and through them Ting Ministries is sharing the love of Jesus not only to abused animals but also some to needy souls. Our contacts were working to purchase a small home with a plot of land but do to the lockdown and fears amid the virus since the sale has fallen through. But out of the huge disappointment God is doing something better. We have been able to use a plot of land already owned by our contacts and tear down the ruined structure and begin rebuilding a small home. Most of the animals are already on the property now and the fencing is being fixed. 12 of the rescued puppies have been able to make it safely to the UK to their new families even though they had been delayed a month due to the lockdown in Romania. Since we are tearing down and rebuilding we now have 2 more families being blessed by Ting Ministries. Please add Marian and Mr. I and their families to your prayers as they are daily working on the tear down and rebuild. Marian was raised by his grandmother and is 21 and has no parents. Mr. I has 1 son who is 18 and his wife passed away. Pray that we can share the love of Jesus and the Gospel! Pictured: Marian working on rebuilding.
- Ukraine: Please continue to pray for Bible Orphan Ministry as they minister to aging-out orphans and for Pastor Misha’s health. Pictured: Dinner with youth at the home of BOM
- Pakistan: Pray for recent ministry developments, including student sponsorships, that have started to grow through local believers. Pictured: Believers worshipping in Pakistan
Dear friends, our pastor in South Asia recently informed us the ministry team decided to purchase construction materials for hygienic toilets for the children’s home, as well as 2 solar panels and 20 benches for the classroom. These materials were badly needed for the health and productivity of the children’s lives at the home. In order to cover this cost for urgently needed supplies, the team has taken out a loan for $2000. This loan should be paid by by the end of February 2020. If 50 people gave just $40 in the beginning of the new year, we would have this cost covered quickly!
Would you please share this article and prayerfully consider helping to cover the cost of this loan? If you would like to give towards the cost of supplies, you may:
1. Give online: http://www.paypal.me/Tingministries
2. Send a check: Ting Ministries, 29 East Poplar Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
Thank you for partnering with us to meet these needs in the lives of the children we serve, to ensure basic dignity and rights to an education!
An encouraging update from Pastor “James” in South Asia:
Note: Names and pictures of pastors or others are not shared for their protection and safety. God is good all the time, all the time God is so good. We really praise God for His abundantly blessings giving to us and for His guidance in the ministry.
We visited villages for sharing the gospel to those who have never heard about the word of God. Some people had joined at the sharing event and receptive for gospel and five people were accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal Savior. Those who have accepted Christ they invited us again to go to their villages. We are praying to go in their villages again and sharing the gospel. Please join us in prayer for those villages to know who is Lord of lords and King of kings.
The house churches are doing fine with their ministry activities and daily lives. They are leading by turns in their ministry activities such as home visit, prayer meeting, bible studies.We are praying we will be able to visit those churches who still need more for teaching, so we may go and spend more time with them for teaching and practices.
Recently, we prayed for four women and one child. Two of them are healed from their sicknesses in the name of Jesus of Nazareth! Six believers were baptized!
We also had one day church leadership seminar for men and women. The theme was: “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ” (1 Cor 11:1). 25 leaders were present. The seminar went well. The leaders were learned & experienced many things on seminar which they said that they can do in our respective fields. Please pray for them that they may teach in their villages what they have learned from the seminar.
At the children’s home, everyone is doing fine with their studies. They are all growing day by day in their learning and daily lives. They are experiencing about the love of God’s. We praise God for providing for a home & schooling. We thank you so much for what you have been doing for us and His Kingdom.
Featured Image: A recent child dedication