- In Russia we were able to bless a special needs orphanage with gifts. We have also been able to help an animal rescue in Russia.
- In the Philippines the poorest of the poor children were given “chicken”, rice and noodles. This is an extravagant meal for these children and they prayed to taste chicken soon. God answered their innocent prayers. They were also given a gift and vitamins. They heard the Gospel.
- In Romania on the way to get a Christmas tree- a momma and her 3 sick puppies were rescued and taken back home instead of a tree. Five rescued dogs safely made it to the UK in time to be with their forever families for Christmas. The transport drivers sent word they needed prayer to make it back to Romania because the Eurotunnel had been suddenly shut down. They have now made it back to Romania.
- In Pakistan our Pastor has been helping a young man who needs prosthetics for both legs and a generous donor has paid for both prosthetics. We have many other medical needs in Pakistan that are urgent. A little boy desperately needs surgery for some serious issues and needs to go to the better hospital. Our Pastor recently held Christmas celebrations in the Sunday School at the brick kiln and also at his church. There are many basic needs that must be met for the brick kiln children.
- In Ukraine the needs continue to aging out orphans and pastor Misha needs prayers for healing.
- In South Asia the feeding and basic care of the orphaned children is currently a huge need and the mission workers and their family needs as they travel in the jungle to share the Gospel to tribal groups.
- In Indonesia our young and firm in her faith missionary is working to reach 100 families with food packs. We are currently $500 short of the need to reach every family she has listed. If more is raised than this goal then more families can be reached.
- In the USA prayers are needed for our family as one of our treasured daughters needed an emergency surgery and needs the Lord’s healing touch to be completely restored to health. Thank you to all prayer warriors!
This newsletter was originally published as an email sent to subscribers on May 11, 2020.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox, please SIGN UP HERE and you will be added to our mailing list! Thanks for joining Team Ting!
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!
We are so glad to share this ministry newsletter with you. It has been a busy time in the Carpenter household. Though you may not have seen many posts, we hope you know that your generosity is continuing to make a difference around the world in this time of great need! We hope you are blessed and encouraged by these ministry updates .
Brian and Stephanie Carpenter, co-directors
Here’s how Ting Ministries continues to serve around the world and proclaim the name of Jesus Christ!
- The Philippines: Pastor “John” and his wife continue to minister to remote and vulnerable peoples who are receiving no aid otherwise. They believe more people will die of starvation than of any other means, given the current situation in the country. Please pray for protection of ministry, safe travels, and receptive hearts as they share the love of Christ. Pictured: Food outreach in the Philippines
- Indonesia: Through the Carpenter’s former Compassion International sponsor child, Ting Ministries is reaching vulnerable and elderly individuals with food resources during the crisis. Continued prayers for provision, strength and protection appreciated. Pictured: Distributing food to families in-need
- South Asia: Please continue to keep Pastor “James'” teenage daughter in your prayers. She is recovering well from a bout of illness, though she is still weak. We continue to have opportunities for sponsorships ($15/month). Please pray for provision for the children’s home in-country. There is a great need for teachers and cooks there, as well as for the growth and sustaining of women’s ministry. Pictured: Children from the children’s home singing praise and worship songs. Also: Ministry partners must make long treks through rugged terrain to share the Gospel and reach villages with basic supplies.
- Romania: We are continuing to serve in partnership with Romanian animal rescuers and through them Ting Ministries is sharing the love of Jesus not only to abused animals but also some to needy souls. Our contacts were working to purchase a small home with a plot of land but do to the lockdown and fears amid the virus since the sale has fallen through. But out of the huge disappointment God is doing something better. We have been able to use a plot of land already owned by our contacts and tear down the ruined structure and begin rebuilding a small home. Most of the animals are already on the property now and the fencing is being fixed. 12 of the rescued puppies have been able to make it safely to the UK to their new families even though they had been delayed a month due to the lockdown in Romania. Since we are tearing down and rebuilding we now have 2 more families being blessed by Ting Ministries. Please add Marian and Mr. I and their families to your prayers as they are daily working on the tear down and rebuild. Marian was raised by his grandmother and is 21 and has no parents. Mr. I has 1 son who is 18 and his wife passed away. Pray that we can share the love of Jesus and the Gospel! Pictured: Marian working on rebuilding.
- Ukraine: Please continue to pray for Bible Orphan Ministry as they minister to aging-out orphans and for Pastor Misha’s health. Pictured: Dinner with youth at the home of BOM
- Pakistan: Pray for recent ministry developments, including student sponsorships, that have started to grow through local believers. Pictured: Believers worshipping in Pakistan
Update from February 14th, 2020: Ting Ministries sends a big thank you to those who helped us exceed our $400 goal for Tin Tin’s party in the Philippines! Updates to follow!
Update from February 10th, 2020: We are halfway there! Thank you to the generous donor who gave $200 dollars towards Tin Tim’s celebration! Can you help us reach our goal?
Dear friends can you help us? Our pastor and friends in the Philippines are planning a day for Avi, or, as she is affectionately known in the Philippines – Tin Tin! February 27th, Tin Tin’s 13th birthday, will be a celebration of her life. Our Pastor in the Philippines is planning to gather many street children together. Our team will feed them and share the love of Jesus with them in Tin Tin’s honor! Her life is continuing to change countless lives. The street children who are coming to Tin Tin’s party are the same children who we wish to help through the construction of Tin Tin’s house! It is our deepest prayer that the children who come feel the love of Christ, develop a relationship with Him and our pastor’s family so Tin Tin’s house may be a home of safety and peace.
Tin Tin needs your help to raise $400 for the celebration! Can you help us reach this goal by next week?
Tin Tin knows Jesus is coming again! Can you picture her running through the streets of heaven, a parade of praises ringing behind her? May this video give you a glimpse!
I know He’s coming again/ I know He’s coming again/ Yes, I know/ He’s coming again/ I know He’s coming again/ He’s coming again, He’s coming again/ Doo, doo, doo…/ We’ll keep on singing ’til He comes again/ Then we’ll sing some more/ We’ll keep on singing ’til He comes again/ Until we reach the golden shores/ We’ll keep on singing ’til He comes again/ Then we’ll sing some more…
Join in the celebration! You may give by:
Sending a check: Ting Ministries, 29 East Poplar Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
Giving online: www.paypal.me/Tingministries
All gifts designated for Tin Tin’s party will go 100% towards the celebration! Thank you!
Illustration Credit: Emily Haines