- In Russia we were able to bless a special needs orphanage with gifts. We have also been able to help an animal rescue in Russia.
- In the Philippines the poorest of the poor children were given “chicken”, rice and noodles. This is an extravagant meal for these children and they prayed to taste chicken soon. God answered their innocent prayers. They were also given a gift and vitamins. They heard the Gospel.
- In Romania on the way to get a Christmas tree- a momma and her 3 sick puppies were rescued and taken back home instead of a tree. Five rescued dogs safely made it to the UK in time to be with their forever families for Christmas. The transport drivers sent word they needed prayer to make it back to Romania because the Eurotunnel had been suddenly shut down. They have now made it back to Romania.
- In Pakistan our Pastor has been helping a young man who needs prosthetics for both legs and a generous donor has paid for both prosthetics. We have many other medical needs in Pakistan that are urgent. A little boy desperately needs surgery for some serious issues and needs to go to the better hospital. Our Pastor recently held Christmas celebrations in the Sunday School at the brick kiln and also at his church. There are many basic needs that must be met for the brick kiln children.
- In Ukraine the needs continue to aging out orphans and pastor Misha needs prayers for healing.
- In South Asia the feeding and basic care of the orphaned children is currently a huge need and the mission workers and their family needs as they travel in the jungle to share the Gospel to tribal groups.
- In Indonesia our young and firm in her faith missionary is working to reach 100 families with food packs. We are currently $500 short of the need to reach every family she has listed. If more is raised than this goal then more families can be reached.
- In the USA prayers are needed for our family as one of our treasured daughters needed an emergency surgery and needs the Lord’s healing touch to be completely restored to health. Thank you to all prayer warriors!
Update with New Photos: November 25, 2020
A Special Message from Stephanie, co-director of Ting Ministries
Update: November 21, 2020 (Appeared on Social Media)
Original Post: November 17, 2020 (Appeared on Social Media)
Pastor John* (name changed for protection) wrote to us with devastating news. He says:
“Pray for my home place. 2 bombs exploded yesterday killed 14 lives and wounded 28. Others are children. We are sending our aid soon. Pray for comfort and peace. Pray also for our team there. We are serving some of the poor kids there now.”
A terrorist group, ABU SAYAF, linked to Al Queda are responsible for the attack which killed and wounded 40+ innocent people, including the parents of the two children pictured. Our Ting Ministries team is on the ground now, serving and helping respond to the emergency. We would like to raise an emergency campaign to send as many funds as we can directly to our partners to equip them to serve in the aftermath of this terrible event.
Please consider a donation to help with this emergency need! Every little bit helps and is so appreciated! 100% of your gift will go directly to our ministry partners and will be used for the specified need! Thank you and God Bless You!
1. Send a check:Ting Ministries, 29 East Poplar Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
2. Donate through PayPal at: www.paypal.me/Tingministries
Тhis post (with additional photographs) originally appeared in a Ting Ministries emergency newsletter, which can be viewed here: https://mailchi.mp/9e17d629fd48/emergency-in-the-philippines
This newsletter was originally published as an email sent to subscribers on May 11, 2020.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox, please SIGN UP HERE and you will be added to our mailing list! Thanks for joining Team Ting!
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!
We are so glad to share this ministry newsletter with you. It has been a busy time in the Carpenter household. Though you may not have seen many posts, we hope you know that your generosity is continuing to make a difference around the world in this time of great need! We hope you are blessed and encouraged by these ministry updates .
Brian and Stephanie Carpenter, co-directors
Here’s how Ting Ministries continues to serve around the world and proclaim the name of Jesus Christ!
- The Philippines: Pastor “John” and his wife continue to minister to remote and vulnerable peoples who are receiving no aid otherwise. They believe more people will die of starvation than of any other means, given the current situation in the country. Please pray for protection of ministry, safe travels, and receptive hearts as they share the love of Christ. Pictured: Food outreach in the Philippines
- Indonesia: Through the Carpenter’s former Compassion International sponsor child, Ting Ministries is reaching vulnerable and elderly individuals with food resources during the crisis. Continued prayers for provision, strength and protection appreciated. Pictured: Distributing food to families in-need
- South Asia: Please continue to keep Pastor “James'” teenage daughter in your prayers. She is recovering well from a bout of illness, though she is still weak. We continue to have opportunities for sponsorships ($15/month). Please pray for provision for the children’s home in-country. There is a great need for teachers and cooks there, as well as for the growth and sustaining of women’s ministry. Pictured: Children from the children’s home singing praise and worship songs. Also: Ministry partners must make long treks through rugged terrain to share the Gospel and reach villages with basic supplies.
- Romania: We are continuing to serve in partnership with Romanian animal rescuers and through them Ting Ministries is sharing the love of Jesus not only to abused animals but also some to needy souls. Our contacts were working to purchase a small home with a plot of land but do to the lockdown and fears amid the virus since the sale has fallen through. But out of the huge disappointment God is doing something better. We have been able to use a plot of land already owned by our contacts and tear down the ruined structure and begin rebuilding a small home. Most of the animals are already on the property now and the fencing is being fixed. 12 of the rescued puppies have been able to make it safely to the UK to their new families even though they had been delayed a month due to the lockdown in Romania. Since we are tearing down and rebuilding we now have 2 more families being blessed by Ting Ministries. Please add Marian and Mr. I and their families to your prayers as they are daily working on the tear down and rebuild. Marian was raised by his grandmother and is 21 and has no parents. Mr. I has 1 son who is 18 and his wife passed away. Pray that we can share the love of Jesus and the Gospel! Pictured: Marian working on rebuilding.
- Ukraine: Please continue to pray for Bible Orphan Ministry as they minister to aging-out orphans and for Pastor Misha’s health. Pictured: Dinner with youth at the home of BOM
- Pakistan: Pray for recent ministry developments, including student sponsorships, that have started to grow through local believers. Pictured: Believers worshipping in Pakistan