This newsletter was originally published as an email sent to subscribers on May 11, 2020.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox, please SIGN UP HERE and you will be added to our mailing list! Thanks for joining Team Ting!
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!
We are so glad to share this ministry newsletter with you. It has been a busy time in the Carpenter household. Though you may not have seen many posts, we hope you know that your generosity is continuing to make a difference around the world in this time of great need! We hope you are blessed and encouraged by these ministry updates .
Brian and Stephanie Carpenter, co-directors
Here’s how Ting Ministries continues to serve around the world and proclaim the name of Jesus Christ!
- The Philippines: Pastor “John” and his wife continue to minister to remote and vulnerable peoples who are receiving no aid otherwise. They believe more people will die of starvation than of any other means, given the current situation in the country. Please pray for protection of ministry, safe travels, and receptive hearts as they share the love of Christ. Pictured: Food outreach in the Philippines
- Indonesia: Through the Carpenter’s former Compassion International sponsor child, Ting Ministries is reaching vulnerable and elderly individuals with food resources during the crisis. Continued prayers for provision, strength and protection appreciated. Pictured: Distributing food to families in-need
- South Asia: Please continue to keep Pastor “James'” teenage daughter in your prayers. She is recovering well from a bout of illness, though she is still weak. We continue to have opportunities for sponsorships ($15/month). Please pray for provision for the children’s home in-country. There is a great need for teachers and cooks there, as well as for the growth and sustaining of women’s ministry. Pictured: Children from the children’s home singing praise and worship songs. Also: Ministry partners must make long treks through rugged terrain to share the Gospel and reach villages with basic supplies.
- Romania: We are continuing to serve in partnership with Romanian animal rescuers and through them Ting Ministries is sharing the love of Jesus not only to abused animals but also some to needy souls. Our contacts were working to purchase a small home with a plot of land but do to the lockdown and fears amid the virus since the sale has fallen through. But out of the huge disappointment God is doing something better. We have been able to use a plot of land already owned by our contacts and tear down the ruined structure and begin rebuilding a small home. Most of the animals are already on the property now and the fencing is being fixed. 12 of the rescued puppies have been able to make it safely to the UK to their new families even though they had been delayed a month due to the lockdown in Romania. Since we are tearing down and rebuilding we now have 2 more families being blessed by Ting Ministries. Please add Marian and Mr. I and their families to your prayers as they are daily working on the tear down and rebuild. Marian was raised by his grandmother and is 21 and has no parents. Mr. I has 1 son who is 18 and his wife passed away. Pray that we can share the love of Jesus and the Gospel! Pictured: Marian working on rebuilding.
- Ukraine: Please continue to pray for Bible Orphan Ministry as they minister to aging-out orphans and for Pastor Misha’s health. Pictured: Dinner with youth at the home of BOM
- Pakistan: Pray for recent ministry developments, including student sponsorships, that have started to grow through local believers. Pictured: Believers worshipping in Pakistan
Happy 13th Birthday Princess Avigayil Christina “Avi /Tin Tin”!
There are no words to express the daily agony of missing you. I have a confidence that I will see you again because of Jesus Christ. John 14:3 My assurance and my hope is because my eternal future is secure. I made a personal decision to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Just this week I watched a YouTube video called “Sheep Among Wolves” and attended the showing of “Free Burma Rangers”. Please look both of these up and watch for yourself. This life is not all there is – as a believer in Christ I must live for Him.
As I live without the physical presence of my sweet princess I breathe in deeply and I miss her with every breath. I remember that it was so hard to breathe without her as I waited for her before we adopted her as our daughter. Now I wait for you again on this side of heaven and it is even harder to breathe without you… AND
You are the very essence of love and you smelled of the sweet aroma of Christ. Most missed the gift you were and I am saddened for them because they missed the touch of God on this side of heaven.
We were given a gift by God Himself in you. Most don’t know that you were born from a violent act of rape upon your young 15 year old birth mother and she chose life for you. I pray every day for her healing from her pain and that one day she too will know Jesus as her Lord and Savior and she will know what a gift God gave the world through the daughter she birthed.
Everything about you drew me closer to Our Father in heaven and He continues to use your life to draw me into a deeper fellowship with Himself.
We honor your life by continuing your legacy to be a voice for the voiceless. I remember saying at Avi’s celebration service “Don’t leave this room without being changed.”
Local friends please join us at a “birthday party” fundraiser for bringing Katie home from China. The Gulnac family has said Yes to adopt Katie. Please join us for Pork BBQ and help celebrate Avi and bring Katie home. Saturday the 29th at Fairland Brethren in Christ Church Lebanon Pa 2-4 pm eat in or take out all by donation to Dan and Jess Gulnac for Katie.
Anyone not local we are using Avi’s voice to raise funds for the building of Tin Tin’s House in the Philippines and the purchase of a home in Romania for a dear friend with a special needs sister. Please pray and help by donating at www.paypal.me/tingministries
Or, you may send a check to Ting Ministries 29 East Poplar Street Lebanon Pa 17042
Dear friends of Ting Ministries! Several weeks ago, a fire ravaged part of the Philippines. Now, there are many displaced families and children with nowhere to go. Our team in the Philippines would like to purchase $300 worth of clothing for these precious children who are in need! If just 30 people gave $10, this need would be covered in a day! Would you consider donating $10, or if you are unable to give, can you share this article?
If you would like to give, you may:
1. Give online at: www.paypal.me/Tingministries
2. Send a check: Ting Ministries, 29 East Poplar Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
100% of your gift will go directly to this area of ministry. Our team in the US and in the Philippines thanks you! Proverbs 31:8-9