Psalm 39:5You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;at best, each of us is but a breath.”
- In Russia we were able to bless a special needs orphanage with gifts. We have also been able to help an animal rescue in Russia.
- In the Philippines the poorest of the poor children were given “chicken”, rice and noodles. This is an extravagant meal for these children and they prayed to taste chicken soon. God answered their innocent prayers. They were also given a gift and vitamins. They heard the Gospel.
- In Romania on the way to get a Christmas tree- a momma and her 3 sick puppies were rescued and taken back home instead of a tree. Five rescued dogs safely made it to the UK in time to be with their forever families for Christmas. The transport drivers sent word they needed prayer to make it back to Romania because the Eurotunnel had been suddenly shut down. They have now made it back to Romania.
- In Pakistan our Pastor has been helping a young man who needs prosthetics for both legs and a generous donor has paid for both prosthetics. We have many other medical needs in Pakistan that are urgent. A little boy desperately needs surgery for some serious issues and needs to go to the better hospital. Our Pastor recently held Christmas celebrations in the Sunday School at the brick kiln and also at his church. There are many basic needs that must be met for the brick kiln children.
- In Ukraine the needs continue to aging out orphans and pastor Misha needs prayers for healing.
- In South Asia the feeding and basic care of the orphaned children is currently a huge need and the mission workers and their family needs as they travel in the jungle to share the Gospel to tribal groups.
- In Indonesia our young and firm in her faith missionary is working to reach 100 families with food packs. We are currently $500 short of the need to reach every family she has listed. If more is raised than this goal then more families can be reached.
- In the USA prayers are needed for our family as one of our treasured daughters needed an emergency surgery and needs the Lord’s healing touch to be completely restored to health. Thank you to all prayer warriors!
Dear friends, thank you to all who helped Artem and Yana move closer to our friends from BOM. Once struggling to live on their own, now Artem and Yana are enjoying their new life with our BOM family.
Praise the Lord for the work he is doing in these young souls! They are finding a new sense of purpose as they travel with BOM to visit and help at orphanages. Just recently, they went with our partners to deliver items to orphan graduates. They also went out for some fellowship and fun. You can see the happiness and belonging on their faces. Please pray that the Lord would continue to work in their hearts, that they would come to know Jesus through the love of BOM, Ting Ministries, and our faithful supporters.
Update: April 15, 2018
Thank you for those who responded to the need for Artem and Yana! Immediately after we sent out the newsletter, we received well over our goal! Thank you for helping Ting Ministries and Bible Orphan Ministry reach these young lives. We are so blessed at the response and praise God that we will be able to help them get a new start surrounded by mentors. Please pray that Artem and Yana would feel the love of Jesus overwhelmingly through our team and supporters and that they would come to know Jesus. Please pray also for their protection and that Jesus would give them peace instead of any fear or doubt they may feel as we soon begin this transition . James 1:27 and 2 Corinthians 5:17
Question: What happens to host children who are never adopted? This is a common question in the adoption community and one with real implications for children.
|Where Artem and Yana are currently living. BOM told us they get water from a basin in the sink and take outdoor showers in the summer.|
Today, Ting Ministries is working to aid two former host children through the help of our in-country partners, Bible Orphan Ministry. Brother and sister, Artem and Yana (names changed for privacy) were hosted several times, sadly aging out before they were adopted. We at Ting Ministries knew these children and were able to stay in touch with them.
|Yana and Artem with our BOM partners.|
Our BOM partners were able to spend a day with them and saw first-hand their terrible living conditions – no firewood for the winter, little available water, no money for food. Unfortunately, for orphans who “age out,” this is the norm. Not an exception.
|The living conditions inside.|
Our friends from BOM spent the day with them supplying practical needs, loving them and sharing the Gospel, demonstrating the love of Jesus in a very real way. Ting Ministries and BOM were heartbroken to hear that Artem and Yana begged to go with our partners, asking: “Can you take us with you now?”
|BOM took Yana and Artem for a meal together.
Artem and Yana told us: “We are so thankful to you all and miss you terribly! May God protect your paths. Thank you!”
|BOM helped Artem and Yana go shopping. They never learned how to cook. Artem didn’t know how to shave using shaving cream, as it was always too expensive. We are so grateful by our BOM partners who mentored and loved these kids!|
These two teenagers are trying to survive on their own, without any support. Artem is studying and Yana wants to go to university, but there are few opportunities for them outside of the orphanage.
We plan to help Artem and Yana move closer to our BOM partners so they me be mentored and taught by our BOM partners and other Ukrainian Christians. We have already raised the money for Artem and Yana’s bus tickets. But they each need 200 USD for adequate summer clothing. BOM’s van was also damaged on the torn up roads to the village and the cost of repairs amounts to 155 USD. In order to fulfill this need for Artem and Yana, we need a total of 555 USD.
|The roads to Artem and Yana’s village.|
|An outside view of the place where Artem and Yana are staying currently.|
We have the ability to change the lives of two orphans for the better. They are not just names and pictures – they have fears and dreams. They are longing to be loved.
What are we living for?
Please pray for Yana and Artem, that through the love of Ting Ministries, BOM and all our supporters, that they would come feel and know the love of Jesus.
If you’d like to give and help answer Artem and Yana’s prayers for someone to come and care for them, you can: donate online at http://www.paypal.me/Tingministries or send a check to: Ting Ministries, 29 East Poplar Street, Lebanon, PA 17042